Home

Friday, February 10, 2012

Baked Fish Fillet in Lemon and Olive Oil

Living in Australia makes me crave a lot for tilapya, bangus, asuhos, sapsap, aligasin etc.  I miss the pangat with tomatoes and oil cooked by my father when he was still around.  I guess that's our easy and cheap dish to cook that's why we would always have it.  In Hagonoy, fish and other seafoods are not a problem.  Even if you do not go to the palengke (market) at the town center, street vendors will come to your house selling you freshly caught seafoods. 

My brother would often joke that our meal is called bente - bente (Php 20) because my parents would often buy the Php20/tumpok seafood. That's how cheap it is to live in our place.

Anyway, I am sure that most of the Filipinos from the provinces of the Tagalog region would probably know how to cook pangat na isda.  My father had a lot of ways doing it depending on what kind of fish did we have then.  He would cook pangat na tuyo (dry pangat), pangat sa kamatis (tomatoes), pangat sa kamias (bilimbi) and these are just 3 ways of cooking pangat.  If I make a list of the ways my father cooked pangat, it will certainly be a long one.

I did a twist to the usual pangat that I am used to have.  Instead of cooking it on a stove, I baked it.  The taste is just so good and my husband loved it.  You can replace the fish in the recipe if you want.

Ingredients:
1/2 K of fish fillet (tuna or salmon or hoki)
lemon juice
olive oil
3 big tomatoes
salt and pepper to taste

Procedure:
  1. Preheat oven to 180 C
  2. Marinate the fish fillet with salt and pepper
  3. Put the fish fillet in a foil.
  4. Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice and seal the foil.
  5. Bake for 15-20 minutes (depende sa size ng fish)

3 comments:

  1. Tito Rolly and I read and enjoyed your story ways of cooking pangat. He remembered your father as he had met him a couple of times re shirts/trousers. He will personally deliver those to our place riding his bike and always on time. He was a fine man. Well I will use basa fillet for my pangat, uhmm hungry already. (a message from tita luz from sydney)

    ReplyDelete
  2. marlene, thank you for sharing your recipes :) though i havent tried cooking most of them i know it is delicious and i'm looking forward to having the chance of creating them for my family :) i have tried fish fillet with lemon and olive oil, it was fantastic! i loved it! easy and simple to make..:) salamat friend!

    ReplyDelete

It would be nice to hear from you!