Home

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Crab, Corn and Pea Soup

Last night, I was supposed to cook a crab and corn soup but unfortunately all the crab and soup recipes need corn kernel in heavy syrup (which I don't have). Since it was too late for my hubby to go to the shops to buy me a tin of corn kernel, I had to use whatever we had in the pantry and fridge. I decided to use the corn and peas packet and it turned out really good. So, instead of having crab and corn soup, we ended up having crab, corn and pea soup.


Ingredients:
1 1/2 C corn and peas
1 C crab meat, shredded
1 medium size onion, minced
1 tbsp garlic, minced
200 ml thickened cream
salt and pepper to taste
2 chicken broth cubes dissolved in 4 C hot water

1 1/2 C corn and peas, pureed

Procedure:
  1. Puree the corn and peas in a blender.  Set aside.
  2. Dissolve the chicken broth cubes in the hot water.
  3. Sautee onions and garlic.  Add crab meat and corn and peas.
  4. Pour the broth to the saucepan.  Bring to a boil.  Put in the puree.
  5. Add salt and pepper.
  6. Remove from fire.
  7. Add the cream while the soup is still warm.
  8. Serve hot.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

It would be nice to hear from you!