Home

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Selling Hopia atbp

I love eating hopyang munggo when I was a kid.  I still love them.  When we visited the Philippines last year, I made sure I got a pack of hopiang baboy at the Hagonoy Market (at the old palengke or market).
I don't know why it was a bit difficult to find them then.  Do people still eat them?  Well anyway, my husband was wondering why there's this sense of urgency for me to buy hopia.  Hmmm maybe he forgot that the woman with her who had this huge tummy was pregnant at that time?  He ended up eating a couple of hopias and he seemed to like them but I did not share the rest of the hopias with him anymore...haha!

There had been this bakeshop in Malolos, just along the way going into Malolos town proper which use to sell yummy hopia -- munggo, baboy, hapon and ube.  If you're coming from Hagonoy, Bulacan, it's used to be on the right side of the road.  Sadly, it's not there anymore.  Maybe it has moved to another place? or closed?  I guess the kids now prefers eating Jollibee and Mcdo's burgers etc.  =(

Going back to the bakeshop in Malolos...it holds a special memory for me.  That's where I used to go to to buy hopia which I would sell to my classmates in High School and this continued even when I was in College.  I did earn a bit from them.  I did find enjoyment in selling goodies.  Maybe, that's my past calling? =)
A comment or two will be appreciated...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

It would be nice to hear from you!