Home

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Stir - fry Beef and Veggies

When you are a stay at home mum, most of your time would be spend on caring for the kids, cooking and cleaning (which is not my forte so I leave this one to my husband haha!). So, anyway, I remember cooking this one when I ran out of ideas on what to cook. This is quite an easy dish so I am sure anyone can cook this one.

Ingredients:
1/2 K beef, strips
500 g of mixed winter veggies
10 pcs of good young corn (if there are none in your winter veggie mix)
1 tbsp garlic, minced
1 medium size onions, chopped
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp worcestershire sauce
olive oil
pepper

Procedure:
  1. Marinade the beef strips with a bit of olive oil, garlic, oyster sauce, soy sauce, worcestershire sauce and pepper. Let stand for 15 minutes.
  2. Sautee onions and garlic in a wok. Add and sear the beef. Add the veggies. Pour a bit of water if it is a bit salty to your liking.

Note:
If you do not have a mixed winter veggies pack, just chop up some veggies similar to those used in chop suey.
You have an option of adding water to it or not. I prefer to add a bit of water (1 cup) just to keep the taste balanced.
You can add or deduct the sauces to your liking as well as the amount of garlic that you want to put. My husband loves garlic so I tend to add more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

It would be nice to hear from you!