Home

Friday, March 9, 2012

Pinoy Bistek (Filipino Style Beef Steak)

One beef steak that I would always love to eat is the Pinoy Bistek that most Filipinos I'm sure would know how to cook.  It was my father who taught me how to cook this dish when I was just probably still in High School or Elementary.  I am not really sure but I know that I was quite young then.

This is also my nanay's favorite...so whenever she's here in Queensland, she would always request for bistek.  We normally use the calamansi or calamunding for the sauce mixed with soy sauce.  It's difficult to find this certain type of citrus fruit so we would use the fresh lemon juice extract instead.  To make the taste similar to the bistek we were used to have, I have to add a bit of vinegar.

Ingredients
2 pcs thin slice beef steak cut
juice of one lemon
1/2 c soy sauce
1 tbsp vinegar
1 medium size, onions, cut into rings
3 cloves garlic, crushed and minced

Procedure
Marinate the beef with soy sauce, lemon juice and vinegar for 10 minutes.
Heat a pan and sear the beef on both side. Remove the beef and set aside.
On the same pan, sautee onions and garlic.
Put in the beef. Make sure that both sides are infused with garlic and onion juice. 
Pour in the marinade to the pan. Simmer for a few minutes.
Serve hot with rice.

A comment or two will be appreciated...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

It would be nice to hear from you!