Home

Monday, March 12, 2012

Sophie's Coconut-Almond Cake

You might be wondering why my eldest daughter's name is in the name of the cake.  It's because I was the one who made the recipe. 
I was checking my pantry if there's anything I needed to get from the shop when I realized that I still have a bit of dessicated coconut (left over from my macaroons) and that I haven't used my almond meal yet.  Instead of wasting them, I decided to make a cake of my own. I also added the left over condensed milk in the fridge (no one drinks them in the house anyway).  The result was really soooo yummy -- my daughter's new fave!

Ingredients
1 c dessicated coconut
1/2 c plain flour
1/2 c almond meal
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 c condensed milk
4 eggs
1/2 c butter, softened
1/2 c caster sugar
1/2 c granulated sugar

Procedure
Cream the butter and add the sugar (caster first and then the granulated) little by little while mixing continuously until fluffy but not stiff. 
Put in the eggs one by one while mixing.
Pour in the milk and mix again.
In another bowl, mix the dry ingredients.
Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture little by little while continuously mixing.
Pour in the batter in a greased spring form round pan.
Bake for 35 - 40 minutes in a 180C preheated oven.  Use the toothpick method to see if the cake is ready.

Note:  Do not open the oven and check the cake until 10 minutes before baking time is over.  The center of the cake will sink because of the change in temperature.  That's what happened when my hubby checked to see if the cake is ok. 

A comment or two will be appreciated...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

It would be nice to hear from you!