Home

Monday, March 5, 2012

Spiced Cinnamon Bread Pudding with Dried Apricots and Sultanas

As I have promised, this is my second installment of my Bread Pudding series.  This one is different from the first one.  The texture is not as soft as the Pinoy Bread Pudding recipe but it's a bit firmer because of the amount of bread added to the mixture. 

In this recipe I have used a dozen of pieces of bread instead of 6 to 7.  I also added condensed milk and brown sugar instead of white to add a sweet taste to the pudding (a treat to those who have sweet tooth).  I thought my little daughters wouldn't like it but I was surprised to see them eating this one without making any fuss.  Even my hubby said this recipe that I have created is really good.  I think this would make me more inspired in experimenting with the ingredients...as long as my tasters are loving my pudding recipes.
Ingredients
3 c fresh milk
1/2 c condensed milk
1/3 c brown sugar
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
12 pcs stale bread (cubed)
1/2 c raisins
1 c dried apricots (or any dried fruit of your choice)
80 g  butter, melted

Procedure
Soak the bread in the milk (fresh and condensed) for 30 minutes.  Mash with a big metal spoon to make it smoother.
Put in all the other ingredients in the soaked bread and blend well.
Caramelise sugar in a saucepan and pour onto a grased square pan.
Pour the batter onto the square pan.
Steam-bake in a preaheated oven at 180C for 40 minutes to an hour.

Note:  If you decide not to put caramelised sugar on the pudding, just bake it for 30 to 40 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean when you poke on it.

A comment or two will be appreciated...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

It would be nice to hear from you!